14/09/2010

Only in Spain

Most things you get used to. Dead bodies on the news don't get to you like they first did; dodgy men shouting "guapa" at you on the street fail to ruffle your feathers. But once in a while something is so off key that it really kicks you up the arse and makes you wonder if you're the only one thinking: Is this wrong?

The wrist is meaning I still can't write anything extensive, but I just had to share this advertisement with you, glimpsed over the bloke's shoulder while he was reading his sports paper. It's for an online betting website. The tagline simply says: "Addicted to football?" Amusing or morally wrong, or a bit of both? They probably couldn't get away with it in England, that's for sure.

3 comments:

  1. That is very funny, and you're right the politically correct crowd in England would have a field day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not in England. Didn't Robbie Fowler get fined for pretending to snort the line? I think so. But I may also have invented it, so don't take my word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helena- great, isn't it! Really made me laugh.
    TbR- you're quite right, I remember that happening. Don't know in which part of his tiny brain he thought he'd get away with it!

    ReplyDelete